Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Trip to France?

I make no claims of knowing anything about French wine. I've become friends with a couple of French winemakers who are making great wine in Walla Walla. This, does not make me any sort of expert. I do know that I like Bordeaux blends from WA, but I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the Old World wines. I can imagine that anything with a label from France with the words Bordeaux on it may immediately enjoy a higher price point. I stumbled upon this wine while going up and down Costco aisles. I'm not sure if this is the Keystone Light of French wines or not - but for $19 I thought I'd give it a whirl.

My first impressions were it was lighter than the bigger "Bordeaux" blends we produce here in WA. It even seemed light for the 13.5% stated on the bottle.

Overall, it's just a pretty good wine - nothing spectacular, but good enough. I would not go all the to France for it though.

Julie's take - "It's OK"

No comments:

Post a Comment