Thursday, May 10, 2012

Abeja - 2010 Beekeeper's Blend

Abeja winery is located east of the Walla Walla at foot of the Blue Mountains. The winery is not open to the public, and you can visit on select weekends or if you are on the allocation list and are in town to pick up wine (that's me). There is a Inn on the property and I highly recommend checking out their website at Abeja.net so you can see the property.

Taken from the Spanish word for "bee" it makes sense that one of their Columbia Valley blends is called "Beekeepers". They are known for fantastic Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon - I've never had a wine from Abeja I didn't enjoy. (A note that this will be consistent on this blog as I will likely only post wines, which in my opinion, are worth acquiring). 

The Beekeeper's Blend is tonight's subject and is produced from fruit in their "younger" vineyards in the Columbia Valley. Each vintage varies as to composition, but it is predominately Cabernet Sauvignon blended with some combination of the following varietals: Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Syrah and Petit Verdot.

This is my first year having the Beekeeper's Red and I can say I ordered more after trying the first couple bottles a few weeks back. It is a great table wine and goes well with our nightly dinner and conversation.

Julie's Take - "I like this a lot!"

No comments:

Post a Comment