Thursday, May 3, 2012

Otis Kenyon - 2008 Matchless Red

This wine was a bit of surprise to me when I was visiting Walla Walla this past week. I stopped into the Otis Keynon Tasting Room on Main Street to say hey to Muriel and to confirm my wine club membership. It's always fun to stop in and taste a few wines, and was especially taken by the Carmenere. This post however is about the 2008 Matchless Red. This wine is 53% Cabernet Sauvignon and 47% Merlot from Seven Hills Vineyard and Otis Kenyon's Estate Stellar Vineyard. It retails for $23 (less if you're a club member). Since I was flying I was not planning on not bringing any wine back with me, however, this wine changed my mind. I elected to take advantage of the "First Case Free" promotion at Alaska Airlines and added 6 bottles of the Matchless Red to my luggage.

This is an extremely drinkable wine made from grapes in top vineyards in the Walla Walla area. The price is super hard to beat as is the taste and quality.

Julie's take - "I love Otis Kenyon wines, all of them." I'll take that as a recommendation.


No comments:

Post a Comment