Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Amavi Cabernet Sauvignon 2009

There are a few destinations I flat out don't miss when I am visiting Walla Walla. If I'm heading toward the south end of town I always make sure to stop in to visit my friends at Pepper Bridge and their sister winery Amavi. Jean Francois Pellet is the winemaker at both locations and I always enjoy spending time with him. He is a true professional and takes time to chat even when he is busy. One of my favorite memories is spending time with him on the deck of Pepper Bridge last October enjoying a glorious day with great conversation and wine. Isn't that what wine is all about anyway?

Tonight's wine was Amavi's 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon. This wine is made of up 76% Cabernet Sauvignon, 19% Merlot, 3% Syrah, 2% Cabernet Franc. The grapes are sourced from Pepper Bridge and Seven Hills Vineyards.

While this wine may not age like the Pepper Bridge wines, it is very good in its own right. I frankly wish I'd have let it spend more time laying down. I'm sure it will even be better in a few years - but I'm impatient.

Lots of cherry and berries which gives way to more cocoa flavors.

Julie's take: It's good - we like JF's wine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment